Some people, particularly younger generation have oily skin because of hyperactive sebaceous glands. These glands develop extra oil that is freed to the surface of the skin, through skin pores. People with exceedingly oily skin have elaborated pores that make skin harsh. Blemishes and blackheads are usual in people having oily skin. There are various reasons such as climate, heredity, menstruation, diet, hormonal changes, menopause, cosmetics, use of birth control pills, and teenage years are responsible behind oily skin. In addition, the shifts in hormone level during numerous phases, like teens, menopause and pregnancy can lead to this skin condition. This is the leading reason why adolescents are highly susceptible to oily skin, blackheads and acne. Hot weather with extreme humidity level is also responsible for oily skin. In men, oily skin is majorly induced by the variable degree of the hormone androgen.
Maintaining oily skin is a not an easy task, it can prove useful in the end. It has been noticed that, oily skin ages gradually comparing to other skin types. The oil expelled to the surface of the skin assist to hold moisture level and conquer development of wrinkles, which are among the primary signs of aging. In some cases, treating the fundamental cause is enough to heal the oily skin. For instance, if the condition is because of the diet, an alteration in the diet may work wonderfully. If it is because of utilization of some cosmetics or birth control pills, then keep distance from using such products.
- If you have oily skin, then stay away from utilizing skin care products, which makes your skin feel stiff. Such cosmetics contribute to reduction of the upper skin layer and blockage of the pores.
- Cleansing is obligatory for oily skin in order to avoid blockage of pores. It is suggested to cleanse the skin with help of soap and lukewarm water. But, stay away from harsh products that make the skin peeling, by chiseling the oil.
- Reduce use of moisturizers; instead prefer oil-free moisturizers. Moisturizers are not needed for people having oily skin, but those who are have cross 30 can utilize it cautiously around the mouth, neck and eyes.
- People having oily skin should avoid utilizing heavy cleansing creams. Give preference to that soap which does not hold any artificial additives. It is totally a wrong conception that washing the face numerous times a day is effective for oily skin. This is not true, as regular washing may give rise to production of more oil.
- Several beauty experts believe that, people having oily skin should make use of cosmetics which are particularly meant for their skin type. It would better if you use an antiseptic day cream (prior doing make-up) with benzoyl peroxide as a key constituent to cuts down the secretion of the sebaceous glands.
- People with scaly or oily skin type should make use of a deep-cleaning exfoliate on alternate nights. Will full attention always apply a few amount of moisturizer after the exfoliation process is done.
An effective skin care regimen is mandatory to sustain an oily skin. You can rub the face regularly, as they assimilate extra oil on the skin. Do not forget to keep your hair and hands away from your face.
HOME MADE NATURAL REMEDIES:-
Natural remedies offers long lasting outcomes and ensure safe treatment. Plus, they are easily available and any individual can afford them. This is because they are highly preferred comparing to commercial skin care products. Give below is list of potent home remedies for people with oily skin:
- Take lime and apple juice in equal quantity and mix them well. Later, apply this same concoction on the skin, and wash off after 15-20 minutes, utilizing cold water.
- Clay masks are highly suggested for people with oily skin. Mix a teaspoon of honey in a tea of green clay powder and mix them properly to make a fine paste. Then apply the same paste on face and after 15-20 minutes wash off utilizing cold water. Another effective solution is combination of honey and ‘multani mitti’. Make use of clay mask at least two times in a week, for noticing best results.
- Make a mixture of equal amount of water and lemon juice, and apply it on the face. Utilize warm water to rinse off the mixture, and cleanse with cold water properly. You can follow this remedy at least once or twice a day.
- Aloe vera gel is said to be superior for people with oily skin, as it assimilate extra oil and avert blockage of pores. Dab a little quantity of aloe vera gel on your skin, and wash off after 15-20 minutes.
- Take equal part of organic yogurt and squeeze strawberries and add aloe vera gel and mix them properly. Then make use of this fine paste to defeat oily skin. Leave the mixture just for 10-15 minutes and wash the face with warm water.
- Using tomatoes for dealing with oily skin is also one of the excellent solutions. Apply some amount of tomato puree on face and wash off after 10-15 minutes.
- Yogurt is also claimed to be one of the superior natural remedy for people with oily skin. To make a fine paste mix it with fuller’s earth and allow it leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Using mashed papaya is also said to be an excellent remedy for people with oily skin.
- Herbs such as burdock root, horsetail, thyme, lavender, oat straw and chamomile are considered to be extremely useful to get rid of oily skin. In addition to these, licorice root, rosebuds and lemon grass are proven extremely useful for oily skin treatment. If you plan to make use of herbs then take advice from expert herbalist and follow his suggested recommendations.